Senior Health - Family Life
Tests/Quizzes 25% Minimum of one test/at least one quiz per unit
Class Participation 25%
Projects 40% 2-3 projects
Homework 10% Homework will vary
Upon completion of this course, all senior students will be able to:
- Identify the male and female reproductive organs and their function.
- Understand gender, stereotypes, and sexual orientations.
- Identify various methods of contraception and their effectiveness in preventing STD’s, including abstinence and the factors that cause the user failure.
- Evaluate various aspects of nutrition and apply them to your everyday lives.
- Understand the need for sleep as well as sleep disorders and the dangers associated with lack of sleep.
- Indentify the various types of stress and investigate ways they can safely manage it in their daily lives.
- Please exhibit *RESPECT*, not only to me as the teacher, but to your fellow classmates, substitute teachers and to yourself. The topics discussed in class will require everyone to act in a mature and responsible manner. Please be respectful and thoughtful of others and treat the subject responsibly. I will not tolerate anything less!!
- Attendance is important. Please be on time and prepared (notebook, pen/pencil and daily worksheets). If a student is absent it is his/her responsibility to contact the teacher for any makeup work. Students making up the work will have the same amount of days equal to the time all other studnets had to complete the assignment.