2020-2021 School Year
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING SCHEDULES & WEDNESDAYS
- Please have your student follor their home district schedule for when they are to attend MCST. Not all students will be attending MCST every in-person school day.
- On weeks with less than 5 school days such as Thanksgiving week, MCST Plumbing students will report to MCST for in-person class unless they are not scheduled to attend per their home district schedule.
- On full 5 day school weeks, Wednesdays will be remote with nobody on campus. MCST Plumbing students are to check their EDU2.0 online classroom Calendar, Lessons, Announcements & Assignments. We may at times hold a virtual synchronous short live session on Zoom, Google Meet, Google Hangouts etc... The links will be posted in our EDU2.0 classroom. There will be brief, graded assignments due by the end of the school day (3PM).
Note - we understand some students will be in remote classrooms with their home districts on Wednesdays & therefore can view lesson material / complete assignments on EDU2.0 per their schedule. I am available for students via email & Google Hangout to assist with remote lessons & assignments.
1. Every day, log into your MCVTS email firstname.lastname@example.org for communications and attendance
2. Every day - An assignment will be posted and completed. Our platform is our EDU20 online classroom
www.mcst.edu20.org and log in with your mcvts google account.
3. Content - We will use the CALENDAR function in EDU20 which will have lessons/assignments/links/etc...
We are also using a Google Hangout where information/assignment/content/discussion is posted daily
4. We will be using www.quizizz.com An email was sent to students with a registration code for our class.
AGAIN: LOG INTO YOUR MCVTS STUDENT EMAIL EVERY DAY & LOG INTO YOUR EDU20 ONLINE CLASSROOM EVERY DAY.
Follow our progress on Instagram @MCST_Plumbing which showcases what our students do and create along with learning tidbits, short videos of us in the shop, mini history points and announcements.
Our class uses an EDU2.0 online classroom for assignments online and announcements.
Families: Our programs each have an Advisory Council. An Advisory Council meets 2-3 times per year to discuss the program, recommend ideas and changes, and provide input and feedback. We need a student & family member. If you are interested, please email me with your information.
Donations: We receive many donations to our program from families, businesses, manufacturers, etc... If you have something to donate that can benefit our program, please contact me with details. We have received, tools, pipe, fittings, and appliances such as boilers and water heaters. We love and value donations.
Philanthropic Projects: Our class creates unique items for organizations. Some of our creations include a fire truck undercarriage washer for the Jefferson NJ Fire Dept, a bookcase for a church in New Vernon, a bicycle rack for a pool club and several other items. If you have an organization with a need to fill, we can make it. We work with the other shops in collaboration on builds. Contact me with your requests.
School Visits: (Currently on hold)
Field Trips: (Currently on hold)
Trips to related sites are fun and educational. Recently we had trips to Construction Industry Career Day, A 130 single family home construction site, a high rise under construction in Jersey City, and a large scale plumbing shop which featured demonstrations, donations, & gifts for the kids. Some of our families are in construction businesses and offer to host us at work sites. If you have a trip that can benefit our program & students you can contact me with details to set it up.
Phone: 973-627-4600 Ext. 273
Degrees and Certifications:
NJ State Licenses & Certifications: - Public school teacher - Master Plumber - Construction Official - Plumbing Subcode Official - Building Subcode Official - Plumbing Inspector Class 1 - Building Inspector Class 1 - Electrical Inspector Class 2 - Mechanical Inspector Class 3 - NJ DCA certified Adult & Continuing Education Instructor
Mr. Carl Carbone
NJ Licensed Master Plumber & partner of Carl Carbone Plumbing & Heating Corp. I became a building, plumbing & electrical inspector for the City of Hackensack where I also began teaching plumbing apprenticeship classes for Bergen County Tech. I eventually became the Building & Plumbing Official for the Township of West Orange and began teaching adult plumbing apprenticeship in MCST. I have been with MCST since 2009 and was offered the chance to become the high school plumbing instructor a few years ago. I decided to mid life change careers, take on more work, go back to school to earn teaching credits, take home a lot less salary, and give it a shot. I would never do anything else. I am grateful to work with the best in the business every day and have to opportunity to interact with the best kids I know.
Our program has undergone significant changes and progress. It is something we are extremely proud of and continually working to further improve.
MCST SLE/Work Study Committee
MCST Listens Committee
Hack MCST Committee
MCVTEA Social Committee
After School Advisor
Senior Devin Conahay is the NJ State Individual Plumbing Gold Medalist in the SkillsUSA competition and will be heading to the national event in Kentucky in June.
Senior Dominik Dabrowski won a Silver Medal as a member of MCST's Construction Team Build at the SkillsUSA NJ state competition in Edison.
@MCST_Plumbing Students of the Month beginning 2017
- Nick Cotter (April 2017)
- John Napolitano (September 2017)
- Kyle Bussey (December 2017)
- Travis Grub (May 2018)
- Devin Conahay (September 2018)
- Kevin O'Keefe (October 2018)
- Vince Hecht (Feb. 2019)