MCST Physical Education Syllabus
WELCOME TO THE PE AND HEALTH DEPARTMENT!
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS 4 YEARS OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION / HEALTH IN ORDER TO GRADUATE (STATE REQUIREMENT).
*You are expected to participate FULLY with good attitude and sportsmanship each day.
NOTE: The syllabus is broken up into two sections.
1.Students in person learning
2. Students virtual learning
** Please carefully review the section that pertains to your situation
70% Assignments: This includes Participation, Effort, Dress, Assignments, Quizzes, etc.
- 30% CRP (Career Ready Practice): Behavior, late to class, late assignments, quality of assignments, etc.
Grades will be given every class. No grading will be done on “wellness days”.
**FOR STUDENTS THAT ARE IN PERSON LEARNING ON CAMPUS**
Maintain social distancing.
- Six feet apart.
- Masks are required at all times.
Points will be lost for the following infractions:
Unprepared (0) Athletic sneakers that tie only; no boots, slip ons, etc. An alternate assignment WILL NOT BE GIVEN in this circumstance.
- Proper attire Because there will be no changing in the locker rooms, until further notice, sneakers will be the only mandatory attire you will need to participate. Dress appropriately for physical activity (shorts/pants/etc.) Follow school dress code. If an article of clothing is keeping you from participating to full capacity, points will be deducted from your grade.
- Cell phones during class (0) (Some lessons will require one, so please listen to your teacher’s instructions before the start of class.)
- Excessively Late and/or with an unexcused pass (more than 5 minutes) (-2)
- Fooling around/ touching equipment (-2)
- Failure to participate fully in warm ups (-2)
- Conduct, poor attitude, or poor sportsmanship (Point deduction will vary)
- Freshman: If you ordered a MSCT Phys Ed shirt through my school bucks, they will be provided to you the first week of school. These will be mandatory once phys. ed. classes are back to a normal capacity.
- Please be careful with jewelry (no watches/ hoops/ dangling earrings, etc.)
- No Food or open beverages in class. This will be strictly reinforced. Water bottles, with lids, will be the only item allowed. No glass!
- All backpacks and belongings will be kept on the side and inaccessible for the entirety of the class.
If you are physically or medically unable to participate and submit a DOCTOR’S/NURSE’S NOTE, adjustments will be made.
- If you are out for 1 class period, you will be given a daily medical assignment. Daily medical assignments can be found here, or accessible directly through the PE webpage
- If you are out for longer than one week, you will be expected to complete a long term medical assignment through our online Physical Education program via APEX.
As of September 2020, ALL grade levels will be doing the following units, which are subject to change.
Mindfulness (meditation, muscle relaxation etc)
- OPEN Phys. Ed.
- Fitness Center (equipment usage to be determined)
- Drills and skills (to be determined)
** FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE VIRTUAL LEARNING
FULL AND HALF TIME**
REQUIREMENT / METHOD OF SUBMISSION:
Submit based on your daily assignment posted in Google Classroom
- You will be required to complete the physical education lesson/assignments during your assigned class time. (2 point deduction)
- Please submit assignments for the correct day and class period that it was assigned. This is your responsibility to properly submit regardless of
the work that has been done. We will only be looking and grading the work submitted in that class for that day. Failure to do so will result in
loss of credit.
**LATENESS AND COMPLETION WITHIN THE CLASS PERIOD WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED AND GRADED ACCORDINGLY. THERE WILL BE NO EXTRA CREDIT PROVIDED IN PE**