The goals of the Gifted & Talented program at MCST are to:
- Provide support and guidance around enrichment experiences that occur outside of MCST.
- Help students make connections between their Academy (CTE program) and G&T experiences and understand how all experiences contribute to their individual career and life goals.
- Enable the gifted and talented students to develop their potential and ability in the Career Ready Practices.
- Maximize creative potential and self-expression through interaction with their gifted peers to promote a sense of self-fulfillment.
- Provide an atmosphere that enables these students to organize their time and activities responsibly to complete tasks.
- Develop a student's personal identity that will increase sensitivity and empathy for others and instill a sense of responsibility toward humankind.