Welcome to the Health and Physical Education Department
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO PASS 4 YEARS OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION / HEALTH IN ORDER TO GRADUATE!!
** You are expected to participate fully with a good attitude and with good sportsmanship each day**
85% Participation/ Behavior
15% Cognitive Assessment
You may lose points for the following infractions:
* Unprepared (0)
* Cell phones during class (0)
* Proper attire (-4) ** Proper attire includes: athletic wear that is different from what you wore to school. You must be in tied sneakers (no boots, slip ons, etc.); Shorts or sweats (no cargo shorts; no jeans!); MCST P.E. T-SHIRT (no tank or cut off shirts). Please be careful of jewelry (no hoops or dangling earrings, no watches, etc.)
* Late and/or with an unexcused pass (-2)
* Not reporting to squad spots and in attendance (-2)
* Fooling around/touching equipment (-2)
* Failure to participate in warm ups
* Conduct, poor attitude and/ or poor sportsmanship
* No Food or open beverages in class (Especially morning classes).
-If you are physically or medically unable to participate and submit a doctor/nurses note, adjustments will me made.
-If you are out for 1 class period, you will be given a daily medical assignment
-If you are out for longer than one week, you will be expected to complete a weekly medical assigment
-We will be focusing on the five components of fitness and will begin with measuring your growth in all components.
-We will compare your pre fitnesss testing data to your post fitness testing data and look for improvement
-It will be expected that you demonstrate an understanding of the rules of each game/activity and participate consistently
-HR Zones will be used everyday and sent as a report at the end of class. A portion of your daily grade will be based on your Intensity points earned during your class.
-Participation and behavior will also be monitored throughout each class.
-Grading will be assessed through the HeartZones Monitoring System.
-Daily HeartZones FITT (Frequenct, Intensity, Time, Type) points are calculated using the formula below
3.4 x 1 x 60 = 204 points
(yellow zone) frequency minutes (FIIT)
(class Period) (will vary)
-Daily grades will be will be input into Genesis on a 0 - 10 scale.
-204/204 = 100% or a score of 10 for the day.
-Individual arm bands are available for purchase through MySchoolBucks
*NOTE: Behavior has the ability to override any grade received for the day
*NOTE: Grade level units may vary
Freshman: Fitness Center Unit, Volleyball, Badminton, Basketball, Hockey, Project Adventure, Soccer.
Sophmores: Soccer, Project Adventure, Hockey, Pickleball, Fitness Unit, Volleyball.
Juniors: Project Adventure, Tchoukball, Basketball, Fitness Unit, Volleyball, Walking.
Seniors: Speedball, Volleyball, Tchoukball, Fitness Unit, Project Adventure.
You will be required to lock up your belongings in a locker during class. The PE teachers are not responsible for any lost/stolen items. You must take off your lock at the end of every class due to the amount of lockers.
Fire and Lock Down Drills
*Will vary depending on classes