DECA State Conference Results!
A message from Mrs. Delesky, DECA Advisor:
The first ever NJ DECA Virtual State Conference/Competition concluded.
Congratulations to the following MCST DECA members for receiving the following awards:
INDIVIDUAL competition awards:
- Jill Bhatia- Food Marketing Series- Award for performance in the knowledge test in this event category.
- Parth Desai- Human Resources Management Series- Award for performance in a Business Simulation Role Play
- Luke Martinez- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism- Award for performance in a Business Simulation Role Play.
FINALISTS in their selected competition categories:
- Ty Eckert- Automotive Services Marketing Series
- Kavin Elango- Automotive Service Marketing Series
- Shreya Venkataramani- Hotel & Lodging Management Series
- Parth Desai- Human Resources Management Series
- Gianna Grillo- Principles of Business Management & Administration
- Shraddha Mamidipaka- Principles of Hospitality & Tourism
- Luke Martinez- Principles of Hospitality & Tourism
- Amelia Smith- International Business Plan
- Seethalakshmi Murugappan- Independent Business Plan
- Team of Ela Doganay, Ty Eckert & Parth Desai- Independent Business Plan
ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL LEVEL COMPETITION:
- Ty Eckert- 6th place in the state.
- Kavin Elango- 7th place in the state.
- Shreya Venkataramani- Hotel & Lodging Management Series ***New addition!
- Shraddha Mamidipaka- 5th place in the state.
- Amelia Smith-6th place in the state.
- Seethalakshmi Murugappan- 1st place in the state.
- Team of Ela Doganay, Ty Eckert & Parth Desai- 6th place in the state.
Congratulations to all who participated in the first ever virtual NJ DECA State Conference!
Along with preparing for their competitions, all students learned the nuances of how to navigate several virtual platforms in an effort to achieve their goals! Well done! Congratulations!